Home > Before Arrival > International Students

International Students

Canada welcomes international students. The City of Peterborough invites you to choose a local institution as your education destination. Please note that you will need a study permit if you plan to study in Canada for more than six months.

Trent UniversityFleming CollegeKawartha Pine Ridge District School Board and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board offer support services to international students to help them transition to life in Canada. These services may include:

  • English language programs
  • Arrival Services and International Student Orientation
  • Health Insurance
  • Clubs and Cultural Activities
  • and a wide variety of other supports

Contact the institution for more information about how to apply.

For more information about studying in Canada and other Canadian immigration programs, such as the Post-Graduation Work Permit or Canadian Experience Class for Students, please contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.