Are you almost ready to come to Peterborough?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provide a checklist of important things to do before and after you arrive in Canada. You can also watch a Before You Arrive in Canada video that CIC has made available. Common documents include:
- birth certificate or baptismal certificates
- marriage, separation or divorce papers
- adoption records for adopted children
- death certificate for a deceased spouse
- school records, educational diplomas and certificates, including transcripts listing the courses you took to get a degree or certificate
- medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.) and dental records
- letters of reference from former employers
- car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)
- photocopies of all essential and important documents in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
The Ontario government provides an excellent guide for both before and after you arrive, The Orientation to Ontario Workbook.